Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: OPI This Gown Needs A Crown

This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme was to do a manicure inspired by weather. The weather here has been pretty crappy lately: all rain--and not cozy, curl up with a book rain, either. Instead, we get a whole week of depressing grey rains and awful winds. So I am looking forward to getting past this gross transitional weather and to some actual snow! Hence I had winter on the brain for this theme. My choice may not be the most literal one but hey, it's pretty so that counts for something, right? ;)

This Gown Needs A Crown, from this year's Miss Universe Collection, is a gleaming silver in OPI's new Satin finish, which is set to play a big role in their upcoming collaboration with Gwen Stefani. The satin texture of this polish and the way the light casts such a beautiful sheen across it reminds me of sunlight on freshly fallen snow. It's a perfect silver for wintertime!



The formula is excellent and applies very effortlessly. I used three coats here, although one or two nails needed four. The Satin finish is meant to be worn without a topcoat, so I skipped one for this mani. However, I did still use my regular basecoat and that did not seem to impact application at all. I thought the Satin finish would have a bit of grittiness to it, almost like a toned down Liquid Sand, but it is actually glassy smooth, even without any topcoat! I can't wait to try more Satin polishes!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra

14 comments:

  1. This looks great on you! I never like silver foils on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lakeisha! I tend to feel the same way about gold foils on me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Mine too! :) I was really tempted to get all three, but ultimately, this was the one that called to me the most.

      Delete
  3. This is definitely a pretty polish for winter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! But I can't see a difference between the satin finish and just a metallic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a huge difference, at least not with this polish, and it's a hard effect to show on camera. But in person, I'd say the satin finish looks close to matte in low light and doesn't really sparkle like a metallic does. It's more of a sheen, if that makes any sense, and it's not reflective like some foils are. But yeah, not an earth-shattering difference between the two. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.