Monday, October 21, 2013

Rainbow Honey The Final Battle Collection: Review & Swatches







It's no secret I am a big-time Rainbow Honey fangirl. I am always excited to see what the theme of their next collection will be and of course, to catch a glimpse of their newest polishes! Their latest collection, The Final Battle, is another video game-themed collection from the brand, which makes both the gamer and polish lover in me extremely happy!

Inspired by Final Fantasy, the collection features polishes that pay tribute to the characters, creatures and weapons of the game. This is Rainbow Honey's largest collection yet, with 15 new polishes in all. I have three to share with you, so let's get to it!

Diamond Dust is named for the signature attack of my personal favorite FF summon, Shiva. This gorgeous silver holographic glitter topper also has a ridiculously breathtaking iridescent purple shift to it that really takes this polish to another level. For my money, this is the prettiest holo topper I've seen! There are lots of variations on this theme out there, but the shimmer in Diamond Dust just looks so...alive! This is one of those polishes you have to see in person to truly appreciate. I took these swatches under a hot lamp so you could really see how crazy gorgeous the shimmer is. Since Shiva herself is blue, I figured it was only fitting to choose a blue as my base. So here is one coat of Diamond Dust over Essie Bikini So Teeny!



If Chanel Graphite had a badass older sister, Diamond Weapon would be it! This steely gunmetal shade also has a rich gold shimmer, giving it some amazing depth. Those flashes of gold are what really make this polish for me. Diamond Weapon applies a bit sheer at first and took four coats to reach full opacity.



Soldier is a pewter and dark purple glitter topper. It's a unique combination and I spent a long time trying to figure out a good layering partner for this polish. This is one coat over Rainbow Honey Skyward Bot from their Robot Collection. This pairing has almost kind of an industrial vibe to it, with all the cool metallic tones together, and I think suits Soldier well.



So there you have it: another awesome collection from Rainbow Honey! I am continually impressed by the variety of colors and finishes they are able to incorporate into a single collection while still keeping it cohesive. Of the three I reviewed, Diamond Dust is my favorite, although all three are fabulous!

You can check out the whole collection on Rainbow Honey's website. You have the option of purchasing the polishes individually, in three sets (Part I: The Battle, Part II: The Summons and Part III: The Weapons) or getting the whole collection at a discounted price. The sets are available in both mini and full sizes, which is great if you're looking to get the most bang for your buck! I'm hoping to eventually buy a few more polishes from the collection, myself. Hellfire, Emerald Weapon and Phoenix Down in particular are calling to me!


Disclosure: These polishes were sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

3 comments:

  1. Diamond Dust is very, very tempting. I can see myself getting carried away and putting it over everything. All must be holo'd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh totally, it is addicting! I want to try it over a pale purple next, I think. I vote that you *need* it, because it is seriously amazing!!

      Delete
  2. I love how they all look! I think my favorite is Diamond Dust hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.