Thursday, April 12, 2012

Butter London Tart With A Heart

Butter London Tart With A Heart is a clear base polish with iridescent and black microglitter and larger iridescent hex glitter. I originally bought this polish because it came in an Ulta holiday set with The Black Knight, which is what I was really after at the time, but I'm extremely impressed with Tart With A Heart as well. (For the record, Ulta now carries these two polishes individually and you can also buy them separately on Butter London's website.) Tart With A Heart would probably take a lot of coats to build up to opacity on its own, as it does have a clear base, so I feel it's best suited for layering. For this particular look, I layered two coats of Tart With A Heart over my pre-existing Essie Ballet Slippers mani.






The formula here is typical Butter London dreamy goodness. The name could not be more appropriate for this brand because all of their polishes really do apply like butter. Tart With A Heart is a great way to spruce up a days-old mani or just sprinkle a little fairy dust on top of one of your favorite colors.


I love how delicate and girly the glitter is in Tart With A Heart, but the fact that Butter also added some black glitter in the mix gives this shade some extra complexity too. The effect almost reminds me of dirty snow--and I mean that in the prettiest way possible haha. There are lots of these iridescent layering glitters out there but I can't come up with any that also have black glitter in the mix. Very cool.


I think this polish would look fab over dark colors as well, which would probably bring out the iridescence even more. In fact, I saw Scrangie layered this over The Black Knight and it was mind blowingly beautiful! That's part of the fun of layering glitters: endless possibilities...

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely polish. I think you are right about layering it over darker colours. That would really make the glitter pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to come up with a fun dark color to layer it over other than just plain black...or maybe I'll just try it with The Black Knight like I mentioned. :)

      Delete
  2. Tart is one of my favorite glitters. Looks very pretty on top of Ballet Slippers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! I got that same set for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.