Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Oil

One of my newly discovered manicure essentials is Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Oil. This stuff kicks so much ass that I just had to tell you all about it!

I actually received this as a surprise freebie from an Ebay seller after I bought DL Lara's Theme from her. I used it on a whim one day and...WOW. Just wow. I was blown away by what a huge, instant difference it made on my cuticles, which tend to become hard and crusty-looking, especially during the winter months.

Photo Credit: HSN

The bottle I have appears to be a trial size (looks to be about 0.25 oz), but it should still last me a good long time. I've been using it for about two months now and my bottle is still almost full. You really don't need much oil. I can usually do one whole hand with just a single brush dip. My cuticles stay nice-looking for around a day or so until it's time to re-apply and I am always amazed at how big of a difference just a smidge of oil makes. My cuticles look and feel so much softer and healthier.

Here's a before and after for you of the magic this stuff works on my gnarly winter fingers. Warning: Grody cuticles ahead.

Before (AVERT YOUR EYES, CHILDREN):
After (*nail polish angels singing*):

Coconut oil is one of the main ingredients (along with jojoba oil and Vitamin E), so this has a coconut scent to it, but nothing heavy; it vanishes within a minute or so of rubbing the oil in. Personally, I like the smell--it reminds me of the beach--but if you cannot stand anything coconut-scented, then this may not be for you. The oil itself absorbs quickly and is very nourishing without feeling heavy or greasy.

A full size bottle retails for $20 and also comes with an eyedropper, if you prefer that to a brush. That may seem like a lot for cuticle oil, but based on how long this stuff lasts and how well it works, I know I'll be buying another bottle as soon as my little one runs out!
Have you tried DL's cuticle oil? Love it or hate it? What are some of your favorite cuticle products? 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha - nail polish angels singing...that cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not tried! Great to keep on the look out for ^ . ^

    You mentioned buying Deborah Lippmann from ebay? Are there legit sellers? I had a bad experience w/getting a fake O.P.I :( Would you mind linking me to the ebay seller?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the seller I bought from is no longer active on Ebay. :( Sorry. There are definitely legit sellers out there though. Other than of course looking at a seller's feedback score, I like to see what types of other items they have for sale to see if everything looks legit and if they seem to specialize in beauty products. Any store that sells a huge hodge-podge of products or has sketchy/too good to be true items I generally avoid. You do have to be careful whenever you're on Ebay and I'm sure there are fake DL out there somewhere, but nowhere near the scale of fake OPI.

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.