Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired By Your Favorite Cup/Mug

I am a tea fanatic, so I own quite a few mugs. Most of them are superhero/pop culture-themed, but not all. One of my favorites is this cute balloon mug:


The inside of the mug is painted a creamy shade of turquoise, so using that as my inspiration, I started with Essie In The Cab-ana. Then to play off the colors of the balloons, I layered Rainbow Honey 20% Cooler, a flurry of rainbow hexes with a sprinkling of iridescent blue microshimmer, over top. They play off each other perfectly!


I'm super happy with how this combo turned out. It's very fun and colorful, plus I think it represents my mug pretty darn well.

What's your favorite drink? I used to drink a TON (like, probably majorly unhealthy quantities) of Coca-Cola, but tea has really helped me cut back a lot.

Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer

Chelsea at Nailed Blog

Bridget at A Painted Nail

Amber at Nails Like Lace

Amanda at Fashion Footing

Amanda at Amandalandish

Alaina at The Little Canvas

6 comments:

  1. Love that blue and definitely love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mug is so cool! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute mug! I like how you twisted it up here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great combo! I love how you got your inspiration from pieces of the cup.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.