Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Holiday Manicures

Twinsie Tuesday is back! As I mentioned a few weeks ago, we decided to take a short hiatus due to the craziness of this time of year but now we're back for some holiday fun this week with manicures for Chanukah and Christmas!

 I decided that rather than take a more literalistic approach (a.k.a. I wanted to avoid nail art), I would go with manicures that feature the traditional colors of each holiday. So for Chanukah, I cooked up something with blue, white and then a dash of sparkle and shine, since Chanukah is the festival of lights. :)



The main polish here is Rainbow Honey Spirit of Wonder (one of the brand's awesome holiday polishes) and then the accent is another Rainbow Honey called Skyward Bot. I tried adding some additional glitter over the top of both polishes, but it just came out looking kind of a hot mess, so I decided to leave well enough alone here.

Then with my Christmas mani, I got OPI Don't Speak--their latest 24k gold topcoat--on clearance yesterday, so I was itching to use it in a holiday mani. So I layered it over OPI I Sing In Color, a vampy deep red. It looks almost brown here, which is kind of a bummer, because it didn't quite pop the way I wanted it to. So while I do wish I had used more of a classic holiday red, at least the deeper base really brings out all the fabulous flakies and glitter of Don't Speak.


Whatever holiday you celebrate, I hope you have a safe and happy time with your loved ones and that you're gifted some pretty polishes! ;)

​

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Anna at Going to the Showing
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision​

5 comments:

  1. I love that white you used in your first mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the metallic blue brought out the blue speckles in the rest of your Hanukkah mani. And the brown base for Christmas was so different! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.