Monday, December 22, 2014

KBShimmer Spot Sign

KBShimmer Spot Sign sounded like one of the most creative and innovative polishes to come out of the indie polish community in a long time. Yeah, it has black circles and silver holo microglitter, which is all well and good, but the big selling point on this polish is that it has leopard spot-shaped glitter--yes, that's apparently a thing now! Why was this not invented sooner?!

As someone who has always wanted to do a leopard print mani but doubts my ability to actually pull it off, Spot Sign was super intriguing to me. Unfortunately, I found that while it's an absolutely fantastic idea on paper, the execution left something to be desired. Take a look and see what you think. Here's Spot Sign over Sally Hansen Fuchsia Power.


Part of the problem I had with Spot Sign is the formula. I used two coats here and I probably could have used a third to get more of the leopard spot effect with this polish. There is a lot of clear base with this polish; the glitter is pretty sparse, especially the leopard spots. When I actually did fish out some spots, they seemed to always be stuck together. So I'd have to try and pull the interlocked glitter pieces apart and then it was tricky to guide the spots where I wanted them to go. I guess this polish could work better if you were to fish out the spots one at a time and then place them with a toothpick or something, but I wanted my swatches to show you how Spot Sign applies without any special tricks.

So yeah, this polish was sort of a letdown for me. :( I love the concept behind it so much that I'm willing to play around with Spot Sign some more to see if I can get it to look the way I want it to. I just wish it was easier to work with.

You can purchase KBShimmer from their website.

1 comment:

  1. I like black glitters but bummer to see that this one is so sparse.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.