Friday, December 12, 2014

OPI Cuckoo For This Color

Have you ever seen a blue spruce tree?

http://192.185.103.70/~gammonla/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ColoradoBlueSpruce.jpg

Well there. Now you have. You're welcome.

Random question, I know, but a blue spruce is what came to mind when I was trying to come up with a way to describe OPI Cuckoo For This Color. It's a pine green shimmer that also has a decent amount of blue in its base (almost teal, but not quite), so the blue spruce seemed like an apt comparison, especially with the holidays right around the corner. Blue spruces are a popular choice for Christmas trees.

Anyways, why the hell have I devoted so much time to discussing trees? Let's look at some polish already! Here's two coats of Cuckoo For This Color.



This polish came out as part of the Swiss Collection in 2010, but you can still find it online for cheap. I have a soft spot for the Swiss Collection, because it takes me back to the time when I was getting super into polish; when it went from something I liked to a bit of an obsession. But nostalgia aside, it was a pretty great batch of polishes too! Yeah, there were too many reds (what else is new?) but the rest of the colors were fan-freakin'-tastic. You had classics like Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, Ski Teal We Drop, Yodel Me On My Cell, Glitzerland (a.k.a. my all-time favorite gold) and of course, Cuckoo For This Color isn't too shabby either!
It's also a pretty unique green. I think the closest thing I have in my huge collection of green polish is maybe Butter London British Racing Green? Based on swatches I've seen of China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald, that might be similar as well, but I don't have it to compare in-person.

Is there a polish that reminds you of something completely random? Is there a particular polish or collection

1 comment:

  1. Nice green that is. I think I have this color in my collection too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.