Monday, April 28, 2014

Deborah Lippmann Walking On Sunshine

When you're as pale and as blonde as I am, yellow is not always your friend. I tend to gravitate more towards pastel yellows, but Deborah Lippmann Walking On Sunshine looked so summery-y and happy that I couldn't resist trying this bright yellow creme. I don't really have anything else in my stash like it!



The formula is the nicest I've ever experienced with a yellow polish. My other Deborah Lippmann yellow, Yellow Brick Road, is a complete pain in the ass to apply but I'm happy to report that Walking On Sunshine is the total opposite. It has a little drag to it, but otherwise is surprisingly creamy. I used three coats here.

The color is definitely different and I can appreciate that. I wouldn't necessarily say it's all that flattering on me, but screw it--it's bright and fun and I like it! :P

8 comments:

  1. So excited you loved this one's formula! I was wondering if you've tried the yellow from OPI Brazil -- I don't have that one, but I've heard good things about it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little apprehensive, especially after what an ass-fest the formula for DL Yellow Brick Road was, but this one is SOOOO much better! I haven't tried the yellow from OPI Brazil yet, but I would like to! I was actually debating whether I wanted the OPI or Walking On Sunshine and the DL won out. I'm waiting to see if I can land the OPI on clearance, but either way, I'd like to pick it up at some point!

      Delete
    2. LOL @ ass-fest. That sounds about right -- I never had it but I know a couple people who did, and yeah.

      Ditto on waiting for the OPI to go on clearance (or mega sale, etc.)! Actually, this is how I feel about most of the Brazil collection, and how I've felt about most of the OPI seasonal collections for a while. A few of the OPI Germany ones are on clearance at Ulta, and I'm still like, nah bro, I'm good.

      Delete
  2. This color is do fun and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) The name really is fitting, because this is such a bright and happy yellow!

      Delete
  3. I have trouble with yellow shades on me too, but this looks pretty good! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci! Yellows are really tricky! I don't own very many since I've found so few that are flattering on me.

      Delete
  4. This is a nice yellow. I'm glad to hear it's got a good formula! DL's are so hard to get over here now, it's a shame as I do like her stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.