Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pixi Polish: Swatches & Review

You may already be familiar with the cosmetics brand Pixi from shopping adventures at your local Target. (Have you seen their adorable new Tinkerbell Collection?! I haven't indulged--yet--but it always catches my eye!) Well, now Pixi is dipping its newly manicured fingers into the nail polish market as well. Their polish line launched with twelve colors and I've got three of them to share with you today!


First up is Summer Pink, a retina-searingly bright neon pink creme.




What a perfect name for this color. Neons are a huge nail trend this season, as I'm sure you've noticed! This neon means business. It is bright, even more so than how it appears in these pictures. I can see myself wearing this one a lot, especially now that the weather is heating up. It's a fabulous color that instantly reminds me of the beach. Summer Pink has an excellent formula that didn't pose any problems for me. This is two coats.

Next up we have Cabana Coral, an orange-leaning neon coral creme.




This is another great summer color and it strikes me as fairly unique in the realm of summer neons. You see lots of pink-leaning corals but I can't recall another neon coral that leans quite this orange; I dig it. It's a very pretty, almost melon-y shade. The formula was right on par with Shocking Pink and applied flawlessly. This is two coats. I also like that both of these neons don't dry to a matte finish, but a true creme.

And now for something completely different! Lastly there's Mink Grey, a greige creme.



Mink Grey has this muted purple lean to it that I really like. I own quite a few greige polishes and this is a lovely one. It's practically a one-coater, but I used two just to even out a few little areas.

Overall I'm extremely impressed by Pixi's first foray into polish and it's safe to say this polish line has captured my interest. The colors are very fun and on-trend and the formula for all three polishes I tried was wonderful. These polishes have a skinny brush, similar to Essie's, that makes it really easy to do neat, precise application. I'd be very tough for me to pick a favorite among these three, because I honestly loved them all.

Pixi Polish is three-free and retails for $8. Each bottle is 0.25 oz. You can find Pixi at your local Target or online at Pixi's official website.




Disclosure: These polishes were sent to me for my honest, unbiased review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

13 comments:

  1. Summer Pink looks awesome! It might be my favorite out of the three and that's saying a lot when I'm hardly interested in pink polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* it might be my favorite too. (Sssh, don't tell the others!) I am the same way--pink polish generally isn't my thing--but Summer Pink is just so screamingly bright and fun that I fell in love with it.

      Delete
  2. I really like Mink Grey!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love all of the colors and they look so creamy and shiny love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that these dry to a creme finish too. Mattes aren't really my thing so the fact that these all dry shiny on their own (the first two colors are pictured w/o topcoat) is an added plus!

      Delete
  4. Love these! The neons are great too! I'm with you, pink polish generally isn't my thing these days but these neon pinks are great. We have such similar taste in polish :) Love that orange too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think the neons are what impressed me the most! They are so bright, fun and fresh! We do have similar tastes, yes! :)

      Delete
  5. Those neons are amazing. I might have to check those out myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neons look even better in person! SO bright!

      Delete
  6. These are all lovely! I am going to have to check this line out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed them! I've definitely got my eye on some of their other colors once my no-buy inevitably comes to a premature end haha.

      Delete
  7. These colors are so pigmented and gorgeous! Now I need to find a Target!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.