Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday: Rimmel Zeitgeist

This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is oldest polish. I started buying polish casually in high school, but somewhere along the line I threw a lot of my old bottles away, because 1) I was dumb and thought nail polish "went bad" after a few years and 2) I didn't collect polish at the time. But a few bottles survived the purges and are still in my stash today.

For me, it was a toss-up between Rimmel Zeitgeist and an old metallic Covergirl polish I have called Perfect Penny. I honestly can't remember which one I got first, but I have a hunch it's Zeitgeist, plus I like that one better anyways.

Zeitgeist is like an oil slick in a bottle. It's a deep purple with gold and green duochrome. This was my favorite polish back in high school and I wore it all the time. I guess it's the polish that made me fall in love with duochrome, even if I didn't know what that was then.




Please excuse the iPhone pics; my camera's battery was dead. Anyways, Zeitgeist comes from Rimmel's old Vinyl Shine line, which they claim dries in 60 seconds. I'd say that's actually pretty accurate. It dries super fast and is almost a one-coater, but I used two to cover up any stray patches. Zeitgeist is definitely one of the coolest drugstore polishes in my collection and I still love it today.

Sadly, Rimmel doesn't make Zeitgeist anymore, so my bottle has become pretty precious to me. It's an awesome polish and one that has a lot of personal nostalgia attached to it. If you can find it online somewhere, I suggest checking Zeitgeist out.

I'm very excited to see what everyone else's oldest polishes are! What's the oldest polish in YOUR stash?


Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jenn at All That Is Gorgeous
Jenna at I'm Still Thinking...
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Maribeth at Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite!
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Nory at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth

9 comments:

  1. wow that is a really pretty color! too bad they don't make it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Such a shame it isn't permanent--it really should be!

      Delete
  2. GAP polishes from back in middle school or early high school..I can't believe the formula is still as amazing as it is. It doesn't seem right! I think I did a post on these polishes a while ago. Hope all is well! I will reply to your email soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried any GAP polish but I hear good things a lot! Everything is good on my end! Hope you're doing well too. We'll talk soon! :)

      Delete
  3. It's a shame they don't make this beauty anymore! Given the duo trend, they're probably kicking themselves. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. gah! I lost a lot of polishes that had bought nearly 8 years ago because I left it in storage when I moved from my home state. a lot back then was 20...lol. That definitely won't happen again if I ever move state to state.

    this is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.