Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser

Today I'll be sharing some thoughts on my all-time favorite make-up remover, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple! I've used it for a little over two years now and it's become an absolutely essential part of my skincare routine. If you want a cleanser that will melt away even the most stubborn long-wearing make-up, without leaving behind harsh irritation and that yucky stripped feeling, then I think you'll love Purity as much as I do!

http://hudabeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/purity.jpg

I do not have the kind of skin where I can get away with just using a wipe to take all of my make-up off. I am oily and breakout prone so a lot of times, if I use a wipe to take my make-up off, my complexion will be paying for it the next day. I only keep a small stash of wipes on hand in case I have a night where I am so absolutely burnt out that I can't muster the energy to do my regular skincare routine. (The No. 7 Quick Thinking Wipes are my favorite! While I still reserve them for only very occasional use, they don't mess with my skin as much as other wipes I've tried.) But using Purity is almost just as fast as using a wipe, except my skin feels a lot cleaner afterwards with Purity!

You don't need much product to do your whole face. a 16 oz bottle lasted me about a year and that was with near-daily use! Typically all I use is a quarter-sized amount of cleanser. Then I rub it across my damp face for about 30 seconds and rinse. Super quick and easy!

What I love most about Purity is how it effortlessly melts off my make-up without irritating my skin. This stuff will take off anything--full-coverage foundation, waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, long-wear lip color, you name it. But it won't leave your skin feeling stripped afterwards! In fact, my skin usually feels nice and smooth.

The only thing I'm not 100% thrilled about with Purity is the smell. It's difficult to describe but it's kind of...medicinal. I've heard others say they love it because it smells "clean" but I find the scent sorta blah. When it works this good though, I'm willing to put up with a less-than-stellar scent.

I should note too that Purity comes in both a cream and gel. While this review focuses solely on the cream version, I've used the gel before and it does an equally fabulous job of removing make-up. However, I find sometimes it can leave my skin feeling a little tight. So I personally prefer the cream, but if you're the type that likes a "squeaky clean" feel and you've got rather oily skin, the gel might be for you. I don't think one is necessarily "better" than the other; it's just a matter of which version is right for your skin.

All told, I love, love, LOVE Purity and keep several bottles on hand so I can take it with me when I travel and to ensure that I never run out. I even keep an extra tube at my parents' house so I never have to worry about forgetting my Purity when I visit. I start to see a negative difference in the clarity of my complexion after only a day or two without it!

Have you tried Purity? Love it or not so much? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Aw this sounds great! I like that it doesn't strip your skin :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.