Sunday, March 23, 2014

Review: Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage






I could have sworn I posted this review already but I saw it still sitting in my drafts folder, so I guess I was mistaken. So this post is long overdue: a review of Barielle's Natural Nail Camouflage!


This lightly tinted base coat works especially well with sheers and jellies, as it helps cover VNL, staining and yellowing. It's a great way to increase the opacity of sheers so you can get the coverage you want without having to apply so many coats.

Here's a quick comparison. On my middle finger, I'm wearing Butter London Pink Ribbon, a sheer pink, with no base coat. On my ring finger, I've got the same polish on, except with Nail Camouflague underneath. My middle finger took four thick coats to reach opacity. My ring finger was three thin coats, no special application methods required. My ring finger also has by far the worst staining out of all ten of my nails, but the Natural Nail Camouflague helps tone it down and make it a breeze to cover, even with a sheer polish.


If you work somewhere that you can't wear colored polish or you simply don't feel like wearing it for whatever reason, you could use Natural Nail Camouflage to make sure your nails still look well-groomed. It dries down to a natural, semi-matte finish, so no one will even be able to tell that you have anything extra on your nails, but you'll still get the protection of having a base coat on and that bit of coverage if you need to cover any little imperfections.

If you have severe staining and you want to wear Natural Nail Camouflage alone, you'll likely need a few layers to even things out, as it's not super pigmented on its own. After all, this is not a polish, but a prepper, so it's not designed to be opaque. Otherwise, one coat is all you'll need to wear this as a traditional base coat, but of course you can add additional layers if desired.

On top of its unique benefits, Natural Nail Camouflage is just a plain nice base coat. It spreads well across the nail, dries quickly and helps prevent staining. 

You can purchase Barielle from their website.


Disclosure: This product was sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great polish to have in your stash. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. What a great base to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something I should have in my collection. Most of the time, I like the sheer look with free edge showing through, but there are those times when you want just a bit more opaqueness.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.