Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: East Coast Vs. West Coast

With Twinsie Tuesday, we have bloggers not only across the country, but all over the world! So we're having some fun with that this week by squaring off with an East Coast vs. West Coast swatch-off! Our west coast bloggers will show their favorite shimmer, while the east coast bloggers will wear their favorite glitters. I'm from the Midwest--Michigan, to be precise--so I'm kinda in between. We decided that our Midwest bloggers would fall in with the west coast crew, so I'll be Team Shimmer today!

After some debating, I decided that OPI Movin' Out deserves the "favorite shimmer" title, for a couple of reasons. First of all, this polish is full of multichrome, color-shifting, amazeballs awesomeness. It has a sheer, rose-tinted base that shifts from green to gold, plus these incredible red sparks that practically sizzle in the light. This is the kind of polish you just don't see made anymore now that everything is 3-free. Those nasty chemicals sure did make for some kickass polishes!

This is two coats of Movin' Out over OPI You Don't Know Jacques, a dark taupe. (I've also swatched it over black before, which you can check out HERE.)




The other reason this polish is special to me is because it was a birthday gift from my boyfriend! I've spoken before on here about our shared love of Billy Joel, so this polish, named for a Billy Joel song as well as the Broadway musical that features his music, was the perfect gift between two huge dorks in love.

So there you have it: my favorite shimmer! What's yours?

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra

8 comments:

  1. Love your combo! Such a lovely shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with this polish, but it's gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a great polish pick for this week! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very pretty! I don't think I've heard of this one before. I can see why you like it so much though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I agree, I love of brands seem to have lost their pizzazz after going three(+) free!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.