Monday, June 24, 2013

OPI Stay The Night

OPI Stay The Night is a Liquid Sand polish with a black jelly base filled with red glitter. I received this polish as a gift from my wonderful friend (and fellow polish addict) Alya after I told her how much I love Liquid Sand. The color combination and the texture remind me a lot of burning embers in a fire. It makes for a really cool effect and is an excellent polish for channeling your inner rocker chick!


The jelly base is a bit sheer compared to other Liquid Sand polishes, but I still achieved opacity in three coats. I've worn this polish twice now (I used it as an accent nail before for a Game of Thrones-inspired mani) and each time I've had this problem where small sections of the polish, usually right around my nail line, don't seem to "texturize" all the way on my nail, if that makes sense. They look and feel smooth as opposed to a sandy finish. It's not really noticeable unless you're looking closely, but I thought it was worth a mention. Maybe I need to wait longer between coats?

Still, I think this is an interesting shade and a pretty unique one as far as textured polishes go. Stay The Night seemed to be the most divisive of the original Liquid Sand polishes and I could see where it might not be for everyone. I'm not big into black polish, but I had fun with this one!

5 comments:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.