Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Katy Perry "Dark Horse" Nails

 EDIT: So I jumped the gun and accidentally posted this waaayyyy too early for Twinsie Tuesday. I'll do something else when the theme actually comes up, so in the meantime, enjoy these. Also, I'm dumb. Carry on.

We're borrowing some looks from Hollywood for this week's installment of Twinsie Tuesday, where we've been challenged to re-create a nail look worn by a celebrity! So I turned to arguably the queen of celebrity nail art, Katy Perry. Her music is a guilty pleasure of mine and I love how much fun she has with her make-up and nails. Katy always has something fun and flashy on her nails, but for this challenge, I chose to copy a mani from the video for the song "Dark Horse."

Katy actually wears three different nail looks in this video. I chose her triangle-tipped nails as the ones I wanted to re-create:

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/katyperry-darkhorse1.png

It seemed like a relatively simple manicure to do and I love the contrast between the gold and the bright blue. I used Essie Strut Your Stuff, Essie Good As Gold and some scotch tape for my version. Here's how it came out:


I botched taking off the tape on my ring finger, so that one came out a little wonky, but otherwise I'm super happy with this mani! I tried free-handing a similar design a few months ago for some Lana Del Rey-inspired nails and I gotta say, the tape makes it soooo much easier. They may not be 100% perfect, but I'm still really proud of these nails!

Is there a celebrity you look to for polish inspiration? I would say my big ones are Katy and Zooey Deschanel. Their nail game is always on point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.