Sunday, September 11, 2011

Orly Stone Cold

You may remember the Orly Cosmic FX polishes that I am so very fond of. Well now Orly has a similar new line out, this time called Mineral FX. Like Cosmic FX, they cost more than the typical Orly polishes ($8.99 at Sally Beauty and $10 everywhere else), but also like Cosmic FX, they are kickass!

Stone Cold is like Orly Lunar Eclipse and China Glaze Dorothy Who? had a baby. I have a hard time describing the finish on this, but I guess if I had to choose I'd say it's kind of like a glass fleck. Either way, it's extremely cool-looking.



I can't remember if this was two or three coats. :-/ I was talking while doing this manicure so I didn't really keep track. But the formula was just fine, as I've come to expect from Orly. I seriously think I'm becoming something of an Orly fangirl. This did, however, eat topcoat like crazy, so I did two thick coats of Seche Vite on top. The Mineral FX polishes dry with a texture to them, so a topcoat will probably be essential for these anyways.

Stone Cold is somewhat similar in color to OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! but the finishes are completely different. They aren't dupes, but I'll post a comparison picture for you very soon so you can see for yourself! I also grabbed Rock The World from this collection, so keep your eyes peeled for that one sometime this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.