Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Review: Born Pretty Liquid Tape







Today's review features a product that I'm sure a lot of you have seen on Instagram and YouTube: liquid tape! Whether you want to use it for nail art or you're just a messy painter, this promises quick and easy clean-up around the edges of your nail. It works just like painter's tape: put it on, do your painting, then peel it off. It takes any mess around your nails right with it!

There are quite a few brands that offer some version of this type of product and the one I'll be reviewing today is from Born Pretty. You can check it out on their site HERE.


This pretty much has the look and consistency of glue. It goes on white, then dries clear. But instead of smelling like glue, it has an almost peach-like scent to it? That's what it reminded me of, anyways. I actually liked the scent a lot. Is that weird?

The brush is a nice size and you can see exactly where you put the liquid, making application simple. Just make sure you don't get any of it on your actual nails, as then it'll pull up part of your mani when you're peeling it off. If you do mess up and get it where you don't want it, it's easy to wipe away before it dries.

I used this to help with the clean-up of my WWE Natalya-inspired gradient mani. I gotta tell ya, I really like doing gradients, but I don't do them as often as I would like, because they are such a hassle to clean up. But this made it soooooo much easier!

Here's how my nails looked before removing the liquid...


...and then immediately after removal!


The liquid peeled off all in one piece on every nail. Removing it is really oddly satisfying. Ever put glue on your hands as a kid just so you could peel it off afterwards? Then you know exactly what I mean! If your nails are still wet, I recommend peeling with tweezers, but if they're dry, fingers will work just fine too. There's no sticky residue left behind, so once it's off, you're good to go!

I've seen products like this retail for close to $30, but the nice thing about Born Pretty's version (aside from how well it works) is the price: $3.99 for a 15ml bottle. It's a good-sized bottle and you don't need very much product at a time. So long as you keep it nice and sealed up, this should last a good while.

I can't recommend this highly enough! It works great and the price is a lot lower than many comparable products on the market right now. This is going to be a lifesaver for nail art or whenever I'm short on time and my mani has to look clean and professional so I can get out the door and go!

If you've tried this product or a similar version, I'd love to hear what you thought! And if you would like to purchase anything from Born Pretty, they offer 10% off for Nailed readers:

www.bornprettystore.com


Disclosure: This product was sent for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1 comment:

  1. Great review on this. Its nice to know it worked so well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.