Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Accent Nail

This week we're busting out an old favorite for Twinsie Tuesday: the accent nail! One of the many cool things about accent nails is you can go as simple as popping a contrasting color on or as intricate as doing a crazy pattern. If you know me and nail art, then you know which route I took. ;)

So for my accent mani, I paired two Butter London polishes: All Hail The Queen, a scattered nude holo, as my main polish and Lady Muck, an icy blue with silver shimmer, for my accent nail. This is a combo I've had in the back of my mind for a while now, so I jumped on the chance to finally give it a go for this theme.



I love the idea of pairing a neutral with a little pop of color. I think these two shades compliment each other beautifully. Lady Muck livens things up a bit, but it's still elegant and understated in its own right, so it doesn't overshadow All Hail The Queen (which is one of my all-time favorite neutrals, by the way).

I hope you liked my accent nail mani. :) I can't wait to see what my Twinsies came up with this week!

​

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Anna at Going to the Showing
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision​

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE All Hail the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! It's such an amazing polish, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  2. Great pop of color with that accent nail against that nude color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pairing of a warm neutral and a cool neutral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I am really pleased with how nice they look together. :)

      Delete
  4. This look makes me want to wear Lady Muck again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lakeisha! This is the first time I've worn it in a looonnnggg time and I'd forgotten how pretty it is! Definitely a shade worth revisiting. :)

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.