Friday, June 15, 2012

MAC Beth Ditto Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Heart Hangover: Swatches & Review

I only picked up one item from MAC's newest round of collections: a Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Heart Hangover, from the Beth Ditto Collection. Heart Hangover is a brown-based burgundy that's perfect for vampy looks!




The application feels smooth and creamy, delivering nice opacity. There's a bit of a sheen to this color when you first put it on, but after a while it fades to a semi-matte finish. Although this is a longwear formula, it likely won't survive your lunchbreak, but other than eating and drinking, not much else will disturb Heart Hangover. It's not prone to fading or feathering. MAC claims the Pro Longwear Lipcremes last for 12 hours but I'd say you can expect around seven to eight hours of wear from this lipstick, which is still very respectable. It leaves behind a bit of a stain too. The formula doesn't feel particularly drying or moisturizing either, just your regular ol' lipstick texture.


This is admittedly quite the opposite of the lip colors I normally go for. I tend to gravitate more towards bright, vibrant pops of color on my lips but it's fun to change it up! Something about this color really drew me in and Heart Hangover can lend some instant drama and glamour to any look. It's very Clara Bow, don'tcha think?


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I skipped this collection but this is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I almost skipped out but this lipstick kept looking more and more appealing!

      Delete
  2. ooh love it! I can see you in this though, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been so vampy in lipstick, but the photo of Clara Bow is a real draw to try it. Thanks so much. It is a very cool (hot?) shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! :) It instantly made me think of her so I just thought I'd include a quick pic!

      Delete
  4. Don't know if I could pull this color off, but kudos to you! I know you avoid face pics, but I'd love to see this on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried taking lip swatch pictures a while back and I think I'm pretty bad at it haha. I know there must be tricks to it, I just have to figure them out. I've been meaning to try playing around with lip swatches, so if I get a good one maybe I'll post it on FB later this week so you can see what it looks like on me. :)

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.