Monday, March 26, 2012

China Glaze Riveting

Did any of you catch the "Hunger Games" movie this weekend? I haven't yet (but I really, really want to) so until I make it over to the theatre, I'll just have to settle for rocking the nail polish! Riveting, a bright orange polish with gold glitter, is the latest polish I have to show you from the Hunger Games Collection. There may be a hint of red duochrome in this polish as well, but I can't tell if it's just my imagination. One thing I do know for sure though is that Riveting is totally awesome!





What's with me loving all these oranges lately? It's very uncharacteristic of me but Riveting is just too cool to deny it some love. It's ultra-pigmented and the sparkle inside just looks so alive, almost like flames. This is so much more interesting than just orange polish with gold glitter in it. I highly recommend checking this one out in person if you can because it looks so much better in real life than photos can convey.


The formula is a touch gloppy but covers very well. Riveting is more or less a one-coater but I used two just to get everything extra opaque. I really adore this polish and I think it's a color you could easily wear all year round. It's just gorgeous! Perfect for when you want to channel your inner "girl on fire." ;)

19 comments:

  1. This is my absolute favorite color from the collection, it looks gorgeous on you! Definitely has that 'girl on fire' vibe =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Riveting! I haven't seen the movie yet, or read the book, but after seeing a few previews, I think I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give the books a shot! I really loved them. I think/hope the movie will be equally great!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I don't have many orange nail polishes because I'm usually not drawn to them but this one is stunning. The movie is great and very true to the book, so I think you'll love it! I'm actually seeing it again on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way with orange but could not go without this one--it's just too beautiful! I hear the movie is quite faithful so I have high hopes for it. I can't wait to see it once things die down with schoolwork!

      Delete
  4. This one intrigues me a lot, but oranges just don't really work for me! Looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a more red-leaning orange rather than a true orange, if that helps at all. :)

      Delete
  5. I would like to see it next to OPI Animal-istic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see the potential for similarities there, I never thought of that! Unfortunately I don't have Animal-istic so I can't offer up a comparison to see if your suspicions are right but I think they would be close.

      Delete
  6. I saw the midnight premier! i died, it was [in my opinion] really great.

    also, this is the polish i'll be wearing all summer, i already know it haha. gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you loved the movie! I am just dying to see it--I can't wait! I can see myself wearing this polish all summer too. Maybe I will wear it again when I go see the movie. :)

      Delete
  7. Riveting is definitely the hit of this collection for me. In fact it is in the running for my top 20 (maybe even top 10) colors released this year. I am loving the oranges this year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite colors of 2012 so far as well! Really just an awesome polish!

      Delete
  8. I am a fan of orange so this color really catches my eye. Out of the whole collection, I think it's not just the most season appropriate, but perfect for 2012's Tangerine Tango color of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a fan of orange polishes, but Riveting is just gorgeous! It's the most stunning color in the whole collection.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.