Friday, March 16, 2012

China Glaze Harvest Moon

If you're like me then the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "Harvest Moon" is the video game series. Man, have I sunk some serious hours into those games. But today I'm talking about the polish Harvest Moon from China Glaze's new Hunger Games Collection! Harvest Moon is a bronze foil. Color-wise I'd say this falls between OPI Rising Star and OPI Take The Stage, both from the Burlesque Collection. It looks very rich and goes just perfectly with the name.





The formula on Harvest Moon is very nice. Although it's a foil I didn't really encounter any notable problems with brushstrokes or streakiness, which can sometimes be problems with polishes like this. I used two coats here. I love the shine on this shade. As I mentioned above Harvest Moon looks so rich and the shine adds some great dimension too. It's going to be especially marvelous for fall, but of course I enjoy wearing it now as well. It's so perfectly autumn-looking though! (Not that I'm longing for fall. Ugh, I hate fall weather...) All in all, this is just a beautiful polish. Easy to wear, easy to love.


Have you spotted the Hunger Games polishes yet? If so, which ones did you pick up? Are you going to see the movie when it comes out?

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It's a great color, I picked it up and two bottles of Riveting because I just fell in LOVE with that bright shimmery color! I picked up the glitter, Electrify and Dress Me Up, Agro, and Fast Track. I love them all, the colors from this collection are simply stunning! Thanks for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, this collection really delivers. There's great variety and so many beautiful colors! I can't wait to try Riveting--I've heard so many raves about it!

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely on you! When I went to look, I found the 2 shades I wanted, and they had a few others, but I imagine they are gone now! My Sally never gets much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought mine online by pooling a couple friends' orders on Victoria Nail Supply but they were out of Riveting, which I was lucky enough to track down two bottles (one for me, one for my friend) at Sally. Like yours, my Sally usually doesn't get many--if any--extra bottles.

      Delete
  3. Im beginning to regret that I passed this up. /= This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a stunner so I'd grab it if you see it again. :)

      Delete
  4. This one, Argo and Riveting are my favs in the collection. In fact Riveting is in the running to be part of my top 10 for the year's releases. I almost passed up Harvest Moon thinking it was just another bronze. But glad I ended up ordering it when I got it in my hands and played with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Argo or Riveting yet but they look the most promising to me too. :) I was afraid Harvest Moon would be too much like either of the OPI polishes I mentioned in the post so I was happy to see that it's unique--and gorgeous, to boot!

      Delete
  5. I, too, think of that video game whenever I hear "Harvest Moon" but I don't think this color reminds me of the game lol Beautiful color though and I agree, the name fits!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.