Saturday, October 3, 2015

Review: Lush Ayesha Fresh Face Mask


It's been a while since I've done a Lush review on here, but you guys seemed to like them--especially the Fresh Face Mask ones--so I figured I'd pick that series back up with a review on Ayesha, Lush's tightening and brightening face mask. Ayesha is formulated with Fullers Earth (cleansing), asparagus (enzymatic), kiwi (rich in Vitamin C), Witch Hazel (anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory) and rose absolute (moisturizing).

The selling point of this mask is probably the Vitamin C. Vitamin C is the "BLT' of skincare--it brightens, lightens and tightens! My skin did seem visibly brightened after using Ayesha. I can't say it really felt tighter, but it was smooth and supple. The brightening effect is temporary, so I'd say the best way to use this mask is to pop it on as part of your beauty routine right before a big event.

A lot of reviews I've seen online mention hating how this smells, but I honestly didn't mind it. One of the ingredients is patchouli oil, which I find to be a love it or hate it scent, but Ayesha mostly just smells like kiwi to me. 

This mask is targeted for those with mature or dry skin. Since I don't fall into either of those categories, my experience with Ayesha was just okay. I liked the temporary brightening, but this wasn't a favorite overall. It's not bad, just not ideal for me!

A single pot costs $6.95 and you can get about six to eight masks per pot, depending on how thickly you apply them, so it really is a great value. The masks need to be refrigerated because they contain fresh ingredients with no preservatives, so the only place you can buy them is in-store. The masks have a shelf life of three weeks, but personally I just treat them like food: So long as you store them properly and check for changes in scent and consistency, you can get away with using them a bit longer than the official shelf life.  

If you're curious to learn more about all of the different Fresh Face Masks, check out my other reviews too: Cupcake, Love Lettuce, BB Seaweed, Catastrophe Cosmetic and Cosmetic Warrior

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.