Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ruby Wing Sunflower






Ruby Wing Sunflower is a color-changing gold glitter from the brand's spring collection. Ruby Wing polishes change color when exposed to sunlight. Indoors, Sunflower is a sparkling gold. It's opaque enough to be worn alone but could also be layered if desired. I used three coats of Sunflower alone here.


Outdoors, Sunflower changes to a more yellow-based, warm-toned shade of gold. The color shift is more subtle than that of its collection mate, Poppy, but it's still noticeable.


I didn't really notice much of a scent with this polish like I did with Poppy, which was a bit of a plus in my book since Poppy's scent was sometimes a bit too much for me. Admittedly I am not a huge fan of scented polish though.

I have to confess that I was pretty indifferent towards this in the bottle, but once it was on, I really liked it. It has this almost gilded look to it that's very rich and ornate. Sunflower definitely wouldn't be out of place on a fancy night out but it's a perfect fun, summer-y polish too.

You can purchase Ruby Wing at the brand's official website.


Disclosure: This polish was sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.



5 comments:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.