Monday, May 20, 2013

Ruby Wing Crowd Surf

Hope you all had a fun weekend! My boyfriend and I went to see the Cole Porter musical "Anything Goes" yesterday. I didn't really know what to expect going in, but it was a super fun, high-energy show! We have tickets to see "Billy Elliot" in June and I'm very excited for that.

Anyways, ready to look at some polish? I thought so! ;) Let's check out some new Ruby Wing, shall we? Today I'll be showing off Crowd Surf, a color-changing purple that would look right at home soaking up some rays on the beach or rocking out at a summer music festival.

Indoors and in the shade, Crowd Surf is a very red-based (almost fuchsia-looking) neon purple. It was really tough to capture how this polish looks indoors, which is frustrating because it's my favorite of the two shades Crowd Surf shifts between. In real life, it's much more neon and not quite as pink-leaning as what you see in this picture.


In direct sunlight, it morphs into a deeper shade of purple. Unlike the indoors shade, this shot is color-accurate.


The formula on Crowd Surf is a touch streaky, but solid overall. I used two coats here. Unlike Ruby Wing's spring polishes, Crowd Surf is not scented. But, like many neons, it dries to a semi-matte finish, so you'll need topcoat to give it that glossy, vibrant look.

Overall, this is a really fun summer purple. I love how it looks indoors especially. In fact, I liked it so much I used it for my current pedi too! You can purchase Ruby Wing from the brand's website.


Disclosure: This polish was sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh..Anything Goes! I just saw it last month when it came to town..it's my favorite! I was in it in high school and I've always loved the songs. How fun, glad you liked it! And very cute polish as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun show, I can see why you like it! BF and I both had a great time. How cool that you were in it in high school! I did pit orchestra for two of my HS' musicals.

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is beautiful! I bet it looks awesome as a pedi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love it as a pedi, especially when it's the bright and squishy neon shade you see indoors. So fun!

      Delete
  3. I love the first color, that neon jelly purple. I'm not sure that I could personally wear a color changing polish, but it's a very cool color switch.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.