Monday, August 6, 2012

LynBDesigns Du-Wop

I've got another glitter-filled LynBDesigns polish to share with you all today! (Check out my review of LynBDesigns Darwin HERE if you missed it yesterday!) This time we'll be taking a look at Du-Wop. Du-Wop is from LynBDesign's Glitter Galore Collection and it definitely fits right in with that description. This polish packs a serious glitter punch! Du-Wop has gold and teal hex glitter, silver holographic bar glitter and blue round glitter, plus the microglitter base has a gold-teal duochrome to it on top of all that sparkly fabulousness! Think Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream on steroids. Yes, Du-Wop is that amazing!





I initially started layering Du-Wop over a creme base, but quickly realized it has enough opacity to be worn alone and decided to go for it. This is three coats. The formula is a little thick, so I definitely suggest waiting between coats. But the extra wait is soooo worth it for the gorgeous glitter! I absolutely love this polish and it looks even more beautiful in person.

There's a lot going on in Du-Wop but it all meshes together very well. If you haven't already, be sure to click to enlarge these shots so you get a good look at everything! You get a great variety of glitter shapes, sizes and colors, with that amazing duochrome base to tie it all together. If you love glitter, then you need Du-Wop! It's really that simple!

You can purchase LynBDesigns polishes at her Etsy shop. All polishes are 0.5 oz/15 ml and retail for $8.50 each.


Disclosure: This product was sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I'm obsessed with Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream, and since this one takes it to the next level I'm loving it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove Mermaid's Dream too and Du-Wop honestly gives it a run for its money! I would have a very, very hard time choosing between the two since they're both so gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Even before I read your post, I was like this looks like '70s mermaids. While I think this is a bit out of my comfort zone, I can certainly admire this from afar. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally got that mermaid quality to it! It's a ridiculously gorgeous polish! Someday Tara and I will wear you down and have you sporting all kinds of glitterbombs! ;)

      Delete
    2. Chelsea, we will TOTALLY wear her down! <3

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! It's our mission as glitterwhores!!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.