Friday, July 20, 2012

Essie Chinchilly

I think all of us, at one point or another, are guilty of letting names influence our polish purchases. I love a good grey, but when it has an adorable name like Chinchilly, I go from merely liking to needing. You see, I love chinchillas. They're one of my favorite animals and I think they're absolutely adorable.

Anyways, back to the actual polish. Essie Chinchilly is a green-based grey creme. It originally came out in fall 2009's Cuddle With Color Collection but has since become part of Essie's core line.



For a grey, this polish applied surprisingly non-opaque. Although the formula didn't feel runny or watery, it is rather thin. This is three coats.

The green undertones in this polish are quite strong, especially in person. I'm not 100% certain it's the most flattering grey for my skintone (it either needs to be way more green, like OPI Stranger Tides or more neutral, like China Glaze Recycle) but that doesn't make it a bad color by any means. In fact, it's actually quite cute, just maybe not the best choice for me personally. I think someone more warm-toned than myself could really rock Chinchilly for all it's worth though. However, I have had great luck using this polish as a layering base, so I've found a way to make it work for me.

...And seriously, who wouldn't love a polish that reminds them of this?

14 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a pet chinchilla! I always thought it was so cute how they take dust baths! Love the polish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aren't they adorable?! And thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I prefer cooler toned greys on me personally but I love how this polish introduced greys into the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cool-toned greys on me as well. I think they flatter my skin tone best.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Chinchilly but don't like the sheerness. I put up with it though because I like the final look:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's oddly sheer, isn't it? You'd expect a grey to be much more opaque.

      Delete
  4. Looks great on you! I always wanted to get this one! This is one of my mom's fave polishes..and don't take that the wrong way...you know that my mom is quite into nails herself! ;) She had "Navigate Her" before I did!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I know your mom is pretty chic with her polish choices! :)

      Delete
  5. I love Chinchillas, too. I have always wanted one, but am afraid I wouldn't be able to care for it good enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what keeps me from getting one too. I did quite a bit of research on them and they are fairly high maintenance for a small animal and I wouldn't want to get one if I couldn't take care of it 100% properly.

      Delete
  6. Mwahaha. I love this polish -- it's one of my favorite neutral/nude shades! It's also fantastic for pedis in the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I never would have thought of this as a pedi color but I can totally picture it now! I must try that once the weather cools down!

      Delete
  7. Such a cute color and I totally think of Chinchillas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a fan of anything that reminds me of Chinchillas, for sure! :)

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.