Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Twinsie Tuesday: Tulips

This week we have a Twinsie Tuesday take as old as time: I tired to do nail art. It sucked. I cheated. The end. "I tried, it sucked, I cheated" is the Nailed version of "I came, I saw, I conquered."

Okay, so there's a little more to it than that. I found this really cool abstract tulip design that looked easy enough to do. I was actually pretty excited about it. I always have this eternal sense of optimism with nail art that this will finally be the time I can add something to my limited repitoire. It went well for about two nails and then it all fell apart--and not in a "so bad it's entertaining" kind of way (which I fully embrace). It just looked totally lopsided and ugly.

So I scrapped that idea and went with my emergency plan: find something mildly tulip-related and run with it. Enter OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips! It has "tulips" in the name. It's from the Holland Collection. It is the color of (some) tulips.




So here she is!



This polish is still fairly easy to find online (you can consult my handy dandy authenticity guide for shopping OPI online) if you like the look of it. Or it's quite dupeable, so that's an option as well. I'm sure I have a few shades just like this one in my collection, but they aren't named after tulips so we don't care about them--for today, at least. ;)

Alaina at The Little Canvas

Amanda at Amandalandish

Amanda at Fashion Footing

Amber at Nails Like Lace

Bridget at A Painted Nail

Chelsea at Nailed Blog


Claire at Kerruticles

Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer


Marisa at Polish Obsession

Marisa at Polish Those Nails


Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les



Savannah at Addicted to Polish

Sharon at Behind Green Eyes


4 comments:

  1. The color is really nice and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, this polish was my option if my nail art wouldn't came off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm sorry that your nail art didn't work out! This color is really lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It's always great to have a backup "cheat" plan! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.