Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Deborah Lippmann Summer 2016 Preview

My first job was at an ice cream place that opened in the 1950s and still maintains that classic soda jerk-style aesthetic to this day. To keep the type of ambience they were going for, we could only play 1950s and 60s music (I spent many hours with Sirius XM 50s on 5 and 60s on 6) so I have something of an encyclopedic knowledge of early pop music, especially for someone in their 20s.

This is basically a long-winded intro to segue into telling you that DL has a new summer collection out called Happy Days and it is 1950s-themed. And...go!

BEAUTY SCHOOL DROPOUT
Beauty School Dropout 
HAPPY DAYS 
Happy Days
SPLISH SPLASH 
Splish Splash
MY BOYFRIEND'S BACK 
My Boyfriend's Back 

I gotta say, it's really pretty, but it's not DL's most unique-looking collection. Normally I want, like, all of DL's new polishes but this time I'm not getting an immediate case of the MUST BUY. Now that the prices for DL have been upped even more to go along with the line's full "Gel Lab Pro" rebranding (which started with their spring collection this year), I want some super unique colors before I drop $20 a piece on them. These are beautiful and I love DL to pieces, but I'd have a hard time paying this much for cremes when there are so many other, cheaper alternatives out there. 

That said, I don't blame you if you want 'em. They are pretty, after all. You can pick them up on the Deborah Lipmann website, if you're so inclined.

I'm super curious to hear your thoughts on this apparent new direction for DL. Are you in the "gel-substitute ALL THE THINGS" camp or are you sick of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.