Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lady Queen Ice Cream Nail Wraps: Review & Swatches






Can someone please explain this product to me? How can something so adorable go so awry?

So I was recently contacted by the website Lady Queen and asked to review some of their products. One of the ones I selected was these ice cream nail wraps:


Cute, right?

But every time I try sticker-style wraps (ones like these that you peel off of a sheet versus ones that come with their own individual backings like Sally Hansen, Incoco, etc.) I am reminded of why I don't like them all that much. They are much stiffer, making them harder to apply and prone to creasing on the nail, so getting the wrap to adhere smoothly with no creases or bumps is very difficult. These had all of those trademark problems.


But that's not my biggest gripe here. It's the design. The proportion on those half-moon shapes is waaayyy off. The half-moon is much larger than I was expecting. In fact, they take up so much room on the nail that you wind up cutting off almost all of the design. My nails aren't super long right now, but they're not nubs either. I think the half-moons would be a really cute addition if they were smaller, but as it stands, you almost get more of the half-moon than the actual design on the nail. Boo! Why would you design them this way?! Why?!
 
On the customer service end, shipping took a looonnnggg time, y'all. I am used to waiting longer when dealing with overseas shipping, but this package took almost three months to arrive. I honestly thought it had gotten lost in the mail. I am not sure if the package was just caught up in the jumble of the international mailing system or what, but I wanted to give a forewarning that shipping may not be the most expedient and that you should plan on extra time for shipping if you're ordering something for a specific occasion. My service rep at Lady Queen kept in touch to make sure I received my package and for what it's worth, I couldn't find any other online reviews that mention shipping issues. So this could just be a fluke, but I wanted to be sure I mentioned this either way, for the sake of 100% transparency with you guys.

If you haven't guessed it, these were kind of a flop for me. Quality-wise they are typical of most sticker-style nail wraps I've tried, but the real letdown is with the design layout. If you don't mind the half-moon or if you've got longer nails than I do, then these might be worth a look for you, but I found them disappointing. I've got one more product from Lady Queen to review and I'm really excited about it, so hopefully that one won't let me down!

If you'd like to purchase anything from Lady Queen, they offer 15% off for Nailed readers using the code DSLC15.


Disclosure: This product was provided for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.