Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Rhyming Dictionary Review & Swatches: Part Two






So after a bit of a break, I've got part two of my review of polishes from the indie line A Rhyming Dictionary! If you missed part one of my review last week, you can check it out HERE to learn more about the line and see additional swatches!

Kicking things off this time is Kaliko, a shredded topper with silver, black, white and purple bits. Sometimes these shredded polishes can have sharp edges that stick out but that wasn't the case with Kaliko! This is one coat over China Glaze Sweet Hook. I enjoyed this combo a lot and it reminded me of something that I couldn't quite put my finger on... Graffiti? Candy? Whatever it is, I like it!



Next up is The Foolish Owl, a collage of matte pink hexes and squares, white hearts, silver holo stars and black circles. I love the graphic effect the black circles create and the interesting contrast they provide to the sugary, sparkly pink elements in this polish. My motto is that circle glitter is always a good thing. This is two coats over China Glaze Spontaneous.



Then we have Kite Island, which has a rainbow of hexes in orange, blue, pink and magenta, plus white and emerald green squares. I love all the different colors in this one, so summer-y! Plus some of the hexes are holo, so you get a disco ball-like effect with tons of sparkle and shine! This is two coats of Barielle Blackened Bleu.



All three polishes had fantastic formulas and were a breeze to apply. The glitters are all mixed well, ensuring you get a nice variety of colors with each swipe across the nail. The polishes with larger pieces, like Foolish Owl, didn't require any fishing. One of the things I enjoyed most about trying these polishes was the sheer variety of shapes and colors in each bottle. You never knew what was going to pop out next!

You can purchase A Rhyming Dictionary polishes from Etsy. Their polishes retail for $7.50 each, making them some of the most affordable indies on the market, but the quality of the polishes themselves as well as the creative inspiration behind them are both top notch!


Disclosure: These polishes were sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh these glitters look fun! Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute and colorful! Thanks Traci! :)

      Delete
  2. I especially like Kite Island--those white squares really brighten up the rest of the colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.