Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday: Inspired By Your Pet

Hey guys! This week we're doing a mani inspired by our child or pet. I will tell you up front I'm not really happy with how mine turned out, but it is what it is. :-/ I did a mani inspired by my amazingly adorable fur baby, Sapphira!




We rescued Sapphira earlier this year. She is a Snowshoe cat, which is an offshoot of the Siamese breed. Snowshoes are known for their white feet (Sapphira has little "mittens" on all four paws--so cute!!) and often have white faces and stomachs as well. Sapphira's passions include napping, bird-watching, fluffy pillows and catnip. <3

To me, the most striking thing about Sapphira is her big blue eyes. So I wanted to incorporate that into my mani. I started with a white base of OPI Put A Coat On! for all of her white markings, then added Dollish Polish 3 Best Friends That Anyone Could Have, which is a blue and silver glitter, for her eyes.



I like the combo itself, but I don't think it captured my inspiration all that well. I feel like I maybe should have done something more literal. But hey, at least I tried to make up for it with cute cat pictures! ;)


                        
Alaina at The Little Canvas

Amanda at Amandalandish

Amanda at Fashion Footing

Amber at Nails Like Lace

Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Claire at Kerruticles
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les


Savannah at Addicted to Polish

Sharon at Behind Green Eyes


18 comments:

  1. A very cute cat and beautiful polish ^^ I like the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, true story: I forgot about Miss Sapphira because I was like, "CHELSEA'S GONNA POST SOME CORGIS." But she's a cutie, and it looks like she's adjusting well since leaving the rescue! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was torn between doing Sapphira or the Corgis--it was a tough choice! But I figure since Sapphira gets less face time on here than the Corgis I'd give her a chance to shine. :) And don't worry, I'll get up some new Corgi pics up soon!

      Delete
  3. I miss the corgis too! But this was cute too 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Corgis are definitely fan favorites here! ;) I'll get some new pics up of them soon so everyone can have their Corgi fix!!

      Delete
  4. She's gorgeous! I don't think prompts have to be literal, I think this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That glitter polish is gorgeous! Sapphira is beautiful - yay for cat inspired manis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat is so cute!! That polish is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't like my manicure either. But my execution was rubbish - yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the glitters you picked! Ya she is cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.