Sunday, September 8, 2013

Review: Lush Handy Gurugu Hand Cream

There are few feelings I hate more than when my hands are all dried out. Maybe it's a weird quirk of mine, but when my hands get really dry, it bothers me to the point of distraction. I struggle with dry hands year-round (I work at a place where I have to wash/sanitize my hands pretty frequently) and with fall just around the corner, they're only going to get drier from here! Enter Lush Handy Gurugu Hand Cream to save the day--and my hands!


Handy Gurugu contains a huge variety of butters: shea butter, pumpkinseed butter, cashew butter, almond butter and peanut butter. It also has softening almond oil, soothing and moisturizing rose water and antiseptic lemon juice. Handy Gurugu was designed to be Lush's richest, most intensely nourishing hand cream and a little bit definitely goes a long way. Just a little dab spreads all the way across both my hands, making them feel soft, moisturized and protected--all without the leftover grease and residue that I encounter with some hand creams. The texture is very smooth and creamy with hydration that is both instantaneous and long-lasting.

The 100g pot it comes in may not seem like much at first, but it should last you a good while, because it doesn't take much product to feel the benefits of Handy Gurugu! I usually put this cream on before bed and the container is a perfect for keeping on the nightstand or you could pop it in your purse too.


The only thing I'm not 100% crazy about is the smell. It's sort of rose-scented with a powdery touch to it, which I find a little grandma-ish. I really love how moisturizing and luxurious it feels on my hands though, so I can live with the scent. It's not awful, just not my favorite, especially with so many other yummy Lush scents out there. :)

This is one of the nicest, most effective hand creams I've tried (The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector is another favorite). I love Handy Gurugu and will definitely re-order once I run out!

4 comments:

  1. What a great treat for your hands! lol the smell doesn't sound as appealing, but I'm glad it's working for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the smell is not my favorite. :-/ Even my boyfriend thought it smelled old lady-ish. But the texture of the cream is divine and it works really well!

      Delete
  2. Awesome review!! I love Lush so much!!! :D I am hoping to get my hands on Helping Hands next time I visit the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! Me too! :) I haven't tried Helping Hands. You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.