Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: Lush Stepping Stone Foot Scrub

I popped a Stepping Stone foot scrub in my shopping basket last time I hit up Lush, not fully knowing what to expect. I am on my feet all day at work and I have a bad ankle that puts extra strain on my right foot, so I was in the market for something to help relieve all the aches and pains I get at the end of a long day. After the salesgirl gave me a hand demo of Stepping Stone, I decided to give it a go.

Stepping Stone contains pumice and sea salt to help combat rough skin, lemon and lime oils to deodorize, and cocoa butter and jojoba oil to soften your feet. It's a bit bigger than the palm of my hand and it's shaped like a little foot. Cute!


If you're expecting something akin to a traditional pumice stone, you will most likely be disappointed with Stepping Stone. It isn't firm or rough enough to scrub away calluses or things like that, so if you are in need of a serious exfoliant for your feet, you'll want to look elsewhere. It will, however, make your feet feel very soft, smooth and moisturized after you use it and your feet will come out smelling like fresh lemons--not a Pine Sol-type fake lemon smell, but real, genuine citrus. If you like the smell of Lush's cult favorite Lemony Flutter (highly recommended for cracked hands and rough cuticles) then you'll like the smell of Stepping Stone too!

One of the main ingredients in this scrub is sodium bicarbonate, the same stuff that makes Lush's bath bombs so fun and fizzy (and also more commonly known as baking soda), so you do not want to run it directly under water; it'll crumble and dissolve just like bath bombs do when you drop them in the tub. Instead, what I do (and what the salesgirl at Lush taught me to do) is break off a piece of the scrub. It can get a bit crumbly, but I just break a piece off inside the little bag it comes in and save the crumbles to use later! I then apply the scrub directly to my wet feet. It lasts much longer that way and creates a nice, mildly coarse green paste that reinvigorates and deodorizes tired feet. Like a lot of Lush's scrubs and cleansers, it can get a bit messy at times, so I find it easiest to use in the bathtub.

Overall, this scrub makes for a very relaxing and soothing treat at the end of any long day. It takes away all the aches and pains, plus it makes my feet feel and smell amazing! It's kind of like a mini at-home pedicure. I could see this being a product guys would enjoy too. My boyfriend tried it out and liked it. Most guys I know tend to like "scrubby" stuff, so this fits the bill nicely--and makes for a great addition to any foot massage! I bought this product mostly on a whim but I've enjoyed it so much that I think I'll pick up another one next time I'm at Lush! It only costs $4.50, so it's a fun little indulgence.

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.